US: Dillards adjusted Q3 profit up on sales gains
- Adjusted Q3 net profit reached $46.1m
- Sales grew 4.8% to $1.4bn
- Comparable store sales rose 5%
Department store chain Dillards has nearly doubled its adjusted third-quarter profit, helped by sales gains.
The company today (8 November) said adjusted net income reached US$46.1m over the quarter ended 27 October, against $25.7m in the same period of the prior year.
Sales grew 4.8% to US$1.4bn. Merchandise sales increased 4% over the quarter, as comparable store sales rose 5%. The company said sales trends were strongest in men's apparel and accessories, ladies accessories and lingerie and shoes.
"Driven by a strong 5% sales increase, we were able to double our earnings per share for the third quarter on top of a record performance last year (after non-routine items)," said CEO William Dillard.
"We are pleased with our gross margin improvement and expense control during the quarter as well as with our ending inventory level. We are entering the holiday season confidently based on these strong results and we look forward to serving our customers at the highest possible level in the coming weeks."
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy