USA: Dillard's Inc Buys Eight Montgomery Ward Sites
Department store chain Dillard's Inc is reported to have paid out around $21m to takeover the running of eight Montgomery Ward & Co sites.
The Chicago based Montgomery Ward filed for bankruptcy court protection in December last year. The sites to be taken over by Dillard's will be in Missouri, Florida, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Illinois and Iowa.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing and shoe retailer Colorado Group said its full-year earnings took a 19.1% dive, caused by stock difficulties and sluggish consumer spending....
High-street fashion favourite Hennes & Mauritz is to open a store on the trendy Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles....
Stage Stores has appointed a new COO and president....
Federated Department Stores said it would close five distribution centres in 2006 as part of its realignment of the Macy's business....
Golf apparel and outerwear company Sport-Haley has signed a joint venture deal with apparel manufacturer and marketer Explorer Gear USA to make and market Top-Flite branded apparel to Wal-Mart Stores ...
Outdoor apparel and shoe company Timberland has signed a definitive deal to buy apparel and socks company SmartWool....
Shoe and clothing retailer Colorado Group Ltd today reported a 41 per cent drop in half-yearly net profit to $A7.6 million....
Floundering department store retailer Mervyns LLC says continuing losses are causing it to shut almost a quarter of its stores at the cost of 4,800 jobs....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar