US: Dillard's to launch Matthew McConaughey sportswear line
US department store retailer Dillard's is to introduce a collection of performance active wear designed by actor Matthew McConaughey.
The JKL casual sportswear line features knits, T-shirts, pants, shorts and short sleeved woven shirts with fabrics having "performance" characteristics, a spokesperson for Dillard's told just-style.
The collection will be available in stores from 1 April. Prices will range from US$29.50 to $89.50.
Dillard's saw its adjusted third-quarter profit nearly double in November on the back of sales gains. Adjusted net income reached $46.1m over the quarter ended 27 October, against $25.7m in the same period of the prior year. Sales were up 4.8% to US$1.4bn.
Department store retailer Dillard's has reported a 17.7% increase in second quarter profit, thanks to improved margins and higher comparable store sales. ...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide