USA: Disney Hires New VP/GM, Apparel, North America
Selma Taygan has joined Disney Consumer Products as vice president/general manager, apparel, North America, it was announced today by Roger Wyett, senior vice president of global apparel for the division. Taygan will be responsible for helping to develop the overall strategy for the apparel and accessories business in North America and driving business growth through business management, retail channel strategy development and product development management. "Selma understands today's consumers and has a keen knack for predicting the commercial trends of tomorrow," Wyett said. "I am confident that she will provide an invaluable creative spark and vision as we look to position Disney in the North American marketplace and grow our business." Taygan had been global director of the research, product, materials and environment division at Nike Inc, calling for her to direct the long-term apparel innovation agenda for the company. During her tenure at Nike, Taygan provided relevant design vision for all apparel categories and helped grow the apparel business by more than four-fold worldwide. Previously, Taygan was general merchandise manager at Puma, US, where she directed design, product sourcing and development, and sales and marketing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022