USA: Disney Hires New VP/GM, Apparel, North America
Taygan will be responsible for helping to develop the overall strategy for the apparel and accessories business in North America and driving business growth through business management, retail channel strategy development and product development management.
"Selma understands today's consumers and has a keen knack for predicting the commercial trends of tomorrow," Wyett said. "I am confident that she will provide an invaluable creative spark and vision as we look to position Disney in the North American marketplace and grow our business."
Taygan had been global director of the research, product, materials and environment division at Nike Inc, calling for her to direct the long-term apparel innovation agenda for the company. During her tenure at Nike, Taygan provided relevant design vision for all apparel categories and helped grow the apparel business by more than four-fold worldwide.
Previously, Taygan was general merchandise manager at Puma, US, where she directed design, product sourcing and development, and sales and marketing.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Germany's Cartel Office has given its approval to entrepreneur siblings Gunter and Daniela Herz's proposal to buy a majority stake in sportswear company Puma....
German sportswear company Puma's Polish subsidiary aims to grow its operations in the country to become the third biggest brand in the Polish sports fashion market by 2007, director general Piotr Cich...
Sportswear manufacturer Puma is launching a range of footwear in conjunction with fashion designer Alexander McQueen....
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has warned football club Manchester United that it may pull out of their £303 million sponsorship deal if the club doesn't improve its performance....
Sports goods company Puma AG's shareholders Guenter and Daniela Herz has raised their stake in the business to 16.9 per cent from under 5 per cent previously....
Sports goods manufacturer Puma AG has reported a 14 per cent leap in first-quarter profit but has emphasised that 2005 growth will be the slowest in seven years....
Sportswear giant Adidas has signed a $26.67 million deal with The University of Kansas to kit out all of its teams for the next eight years, signalling the end of a long-lasting agreement with Nike, w...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report