USA: Disney Hires New VP/GM, Apparel, North America
Selma Taygan has joined Disney Consumer Products as vice president/general manager, apparel, North America, it was announced today by Roger Wyett, senior vice president of global apparel for the division. Taygan will be responsible for helping to develop the overall strategy for the apparel and accessories business in North America and driving business growth through business management, retail channel strategy development and product development management. "Selma understands today's consumers and has a keen knack for predicting the commercial trends of tomorrow," Wyett said. "I am confident that she will provide an invaluable creative spark and vision as we look to position Disney in the North American marketplace and grow our business." Taygan had been global director of the research, product, materials and environment division at Nike Inc, calling for her to direct the long-term apparel innovation agenda for the company. During her tenure at Nike, Taygan provided relevant design vision for all apparel categories and helped grow the apparel business by more than four-fold worldwide. Previously, Taygan was general merchandise manager at Puma, US, where she directed design, product sourcing and development, and sales and marketing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar