US: Disney opens high-end fashion store
Walt Disney Co has opened its first high-end apparel store in Southern California, offering contemporary designs base around the company's classic cartoon characters.
Called Disney Vault 28 after the year in which Mickey made his screen debut, the store in the Downtown Disney shopping area in Anaheim features $75 T-shirts and $200 jeans.
The Los Angeles Times said Vault 28 will appeal to visitors who spend hefty sums for top-shelf Disney goods rather than the cheaper and tackier items found in other souvenir shops.
"We can change the theme as trends change," Mary Murray, Disneyland Resort's director of merchandise and specialised business, told the newspaper. "We're going to be able to react."
Vault 28 will carry two new Disney brands, Kingdom Couture and DV28, as well as fashions from designers such as Chip & Pepper, Paige Premium Denim, Tarina Tarantino and Red Monkey.
But instead of relying on movie tie-ins, most of the clothing depicts classic characters such as Mickey, Tinkerbell, Alice in Wonderland and the Cheshire Cat.
Earlier this month Gap Inc reported the latest in a series of same-store sales declines, sparking speculation about the departure of Paul Pressler as Gap CEO and even a possible sale of the company. I...
The Children's Place Retail Stores has posted a preliminary 20% rise in fourth quarter revenues and said it is still in talks with Walt Disney Co regarding potential modifications to its license agree...
Controlling interest in the Halston brand, previously owned by Neema Clothing and its chief executive, Jim Ammeen, has been sold to The Weinstein Company, the brainchild of film producers Harvey and B...
Casual footwear retailer Crocs has posted Q4 revenues increases of 236% to US$112.9m, compared with $33.6m in the fourth quarter of 2005, as a result of high US and global demand....
Marka Hansen, president of Gap's Banana Republic division, has been named president of the company's Gap North America business, succeeding Cynthia Harriss, who has left the firm....
A new alliance between branded shoe supplier Leomil Group and footwear importer and distributor Cortina Group has created a major player in the European market for shoes, fashion, logistics and licens...
Paul Pressler's problematic tenure at the helm of Gap Inc ended Monday in a far less surprising way than it began. Gap Inc said late Monday (22 January) that Pressler, through mutual agreement, has re...
Jeans and casual wear giant Levi Strauss & Co has hired Armin Broger, CEO of jeans company 7 For All Mankind Europe, as president of its European division....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack