US: Distressed patent leather patches target high-end jeans
A range of distressed patent leather patches has been launched for manufacturers of upscale jeans who are looking for new ways to differentiate their brands.
The patches from Avery Dennison are debossed, milled, hand-burnished, crinkled or hand-sanded to provide a distressed appearance. Graphics can also be applied via several processes, including foil and inking options.
According to David Edens, Avery Dennison's global product manager for patches and specialty products, the new line was developed in response to market demand for creative ways to brand upscale jeans.
"There's been a move to high-end jeans, especially in the women's and juniors markets," he says, "and manufacturers are searching for ways to differentiate their brands" and enjoy higher margins.
One new product is constructed of milled patent leather, with foiled debossing and ink splatter. Another is stamped with purple dye and purple foil. Both are hand burnished to create the distressed effect.
Avery Dennison is charging the same price for its new line of EcoFriendly polyester woven labels as its standard woven labels, offering apparel manufacturers another way to make products more environm...
Italian urban fashion brand Datch is modernising its data identification system using the Pathfinder labelling solution from Avery Dennison....
Apparel and retail executives who are interested in RFID now have the chance to see how American Apparel is using the technology to overcome inventory accuracy and replenishment challenges at selected...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015