US: Distressed patent leather patches target high-end jeans
A range of distressed patent leather patches has been launched for manufacturers of upscale jeans who are looking for new ways to differentiate their brands.
The patches from Avery Dennison are debossed, milled, hand-burnished, crinkled or hand-sanded to provide a distressed appearance. Graphics can also be applied via several processes, including foil and inking options.
According to David Edens, Avery Dennison's global product manager for patches and specialty products, the new line was developed in response to market demand for creative ways to brand upscale jeans.
"There's been a move to high-end jeans, especially in the women's and juniors markets," he says, "and manufacturers are searching for ways to differentiate their brands" and enjoy higher margins.
One new product is constructed of milled patent leather, with foiled debossing and ink splatter. Another is stamped with purple dye and purple foil. Both are hand burnished to create the distressed effect.
Avery Dennison is charging the same price for its new line of EcoFriendly polyester woven labels as its standard woven labels, offering apparel manufacturers another way to make products more environm...
Italian urban fashion brand Datch is modernising its data identification system using the Pathfinder labelling solution from Avery Dennison....
Apparel and retail executives who are interested in RFID now have the chance to see how American Apparel is using the technology to overcome inventory accuracy and replenishment challenges at selected...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy