US: Distressed patent leather patches target high-end jeans
A range of distressed patent leather patches has been launched for manufacturers of upscale jeans who are looking for new ways to differentiate their brands.
The patches from Avery Dennison are debossed, milled, hand-burnished, crinkled or hand-sanded to provide a distressed appearance. Graphics can also be applied via several processes, including foil and inking options.
According to David Edens, Avery Dennison's global product manager for patches and specialty products, the new line was developed in response to market demand for creative ways to brand upscale jeans.
"There's been a move to high-end jeans, especially in the women's and juniors markets," he says, "and manufacturers are searching for ways to differentiate their brands" and enjoy higher margins.
One new product is constructed of milled patent leather, with foiled debossing and ink splatter. Another is stamped with purple dye and purple foil. Both are hand burnished to create the distressed effect.
Avery Dennison is charging the same price for its new line of EcoFriendly polyester woven labels as its standard woven labels, offering apparel manufacturers another way to make products more environm...
Italian urban fashion brand Datch is modernising its data identification system using the Pathfinder labelling solution from Avery Dennison....
Apparel and retail executives who are interested in RFID now have the chance to see how American Apparel is using the technology to overcome inventory accuracy and replenishment challenges at selected...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019