US: Diversification boosts Skechers Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit US$14.2m, up from $4m
- Q4 sales up 13.9% to $450.7m
- Gross margin 44.5%, versus 42.6%
Footwear business Skechers USA recorded a stronger fourth quarter profit, boosted by a double-digit revenue hike and more robust gross margins.
For the full year, the US company’s revenues rose 18.3% to $1.846bn, with gross margins rising from 43.8% to 44.4% and net profit hitting $54.8m, up from $9.5m in 2012.
Company CEO Robert Greenberg said Skechers’ “more diversified product approach resulted in strong sales across our distribution channels”.
He added: “We weathered the unseasonably cold winter in the Midwest and Northeast thanks to one of our strongest boot collections, and the unseasonably warm weather in the West thanks to one of our strongest sport collections.”
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Footwear business New Balance has hit back at rival Converse in a continuing row about the design of the latter's Chuck Taylor All-Star sneakers....
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years