US: Diversification boosts Skechers Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit US$14.2m, up from $4m
- Q4 sales up 13.9% to $450.7m
- Gross margin 44.5%, versus 42.6%
Footwear business Skechers USA recorded a stronger fourth quarter profit, boosted by a double-digit revenue hike and more robust gross margins.
For the full year, the US company’s revenues rose 18.3% to $1.846bn, with gross margins rising from 43.8% to 44.4% and net profit hitting $54.8m, up from $9.5m in 2012.
Company CEO Robert Greenberg said Skechers’ “more diversified product approach resulted in strong sales across our distribution channels”.
He added: “We weathered the unseasonably cold winter in the Midwest and Northeast thanks to one of our strongest boot collections, and the unseasonably warm weather in the West thanks to one of our strongest sport collections.”
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
Footwear business New Balance has hit back at rival Converse in a continuing row about the design of the latter's Chuck Taylor All-Star sneakers....
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange