US: Diversification boosts Skechers Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit US$14.2m, up from $4m
- Q4 sales up 13.9% to $450.7m
- Gross margin 44.5%, versus 42.6%
Footwear business Skechers USA recorded a stronger fourth quarter profit, boosted by a double-digit revenue hike and more robust gross margins.
For the full year, the US company’s revenues rose 18.3% to $1.846bn, with gross margins rising from 43.8% to 44.4% and net profit hitting $54.8m, up from $9.5m in 2012.
Company CEO Robert Greenberg said Skechers’ “more diversified product approach resulted in strong sales across our distribution channels”.
He added: “We weathered the unseasonably cold winter in the Midwest and Northeast thanks to one of our strongest boot collections, and the unseasonably warm weather in the West thanks to one of our strongest sport collections.”
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
Footwear business New Balance has hit back at rival Converse in a continuing row about the design of the latter's Chuck Taylor All-Star sneakers....
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015