US: Diversification boosts Skechers Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit US$14.2m, up from $4m
- Q4 sales up 13.9% to $450.7m
- Gross margin 44.5%, versus 42.6%
Footwear business Skechers USA recorded a stronger fourth quarter profit, boosted by a double-digit revenue hike and more robust gross margins.
For the full year, the US company’s revenues rose 18.3% to $1.846bn, with gross margins rising from 43.8% to 44.4% and net profit hitting $54.8m, up from $9.5m in 2012.
Company CEO Robert Greenberg said Skechers’ “more diversified product approach resulted in strong sales across our distribution channels”.
He added: “We weathered the unseasonably cold winter in the Midwest and Northeast thanks to one of our strongest boot collections, and the unseasonably warm weather in the West thanks to one of our strongest sport collections.”
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Footwear business Skechers USA posted more record figures in the second quarter, boosted by a 37% revenue surge and slight margin uplift....
LPP’s strategy concentrates on dynamic development in the Polish market, and successfully competing with multinationals. The company focuses on designing new collections within its brands, such as Res...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report