USA: Dixie Group Reports Third Quarter Results
The Dixie Group today announced third quarter and nine-month results in line with previously announced projections. For the third quarter ended September 30, 2000, the company reported a net loss of $3.7m, or $.32 per diluted share, compared with net income of $3.1m, or $.26 per diluted share, for the same period last year. For the first nine months of 2000, the company reported a net loss of $3.6m, or $.31 per diluted share, compared with income from continuing operations of $9.7m, or $.83 per diluted share, for the same period in 1999. Results for the third quarter and year-to-date 2000 reflected certain unusual costs related to inventories and higher-than-expected costs to integrate manufacturing operations and information systems. These costs were somewhat offset by a gain of $2m from the sale of real estate. The impact of such costs, net of the real estate gain, was approximately $4.5m ($2.8m after-tax), or $.24 per diluted share, for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2000. The company expects to record an additional $2.5 million to $3m of such costs in the fourth quarter 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack