USA: Dixie Group Reports Third Quarter Results
The Dixie Group today announced third quarter and nine-month results in line with previously announced projections. For the third quarter ended September 30, 2000, the company reported a net loss of $3.7m, or $.32 per diluted share, compared with net income of $3.1m, or $.26 per diluted share, for the same period last year. For the first nine months of 2000, the company reported a net loss of $3.6m, or $.31 per diluted share, compared with income from continuing operations of $9.7m, or $.83 per diluted share, for the same period in 1999. Results for the third quarter and year-to-date 2000 reflected certain unusual costs related to inventories and higher-than-expected costs to integrate manufacturing operations and information systems. These costs were somewhat offset by a gain of $2m from the sale of real estate. The impact of such costs, net of the real estate gain, was approximately $4.5m ($2.8m after-tax), or $.24 per diluted share, for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2000. The company expects to record an additional $2.5 million to $3m of such costs in the fourth quarter 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts