Dixie to speed up development process with PLM
Italian women's wear brand Dixie is adopting the Lectra Fashion PLM (product lifecyle management) solution to help improve efficiency, reduce costs and speed up the process of creating new collections.
The fast fashion label, which was recently acquired by Imperial Group, says the platform will connect its design and development teams. Dixie will start by implementing Lectra Fashion PLM to manage product development, before rolling it out to its manufacturing activity.
By moving to the same platform as its parent company, the aim is to create a seamless, cross-company collaborative work environment for Dixie's 80 employees and support the group’s plans for international expansion.
“Having everybody on the same page, at the same time, means that we can make more informed decisions earlier in development and cut down on miscommunication errors; this makes the whole process faster and more cost-efficient,” explains Adriano Aere, owner of Imperial Group, which recently acquired the Dixie brand.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: anti-pollen textiles; environmentally sustainable denim; environmentally sustainable fib...
Los Angeles based apparel company Barco Uniforms has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help reduce time to market and control the process of introducing new products to ...
TexBase, a developer of cloud-based software for the apparel and textile industries, has launched an autumn 2016 update that it says delivers increased productivity and a better user experience....
US denim brand Celebrity Pink and Liverpool Jeans has invested in PLM to help accelerate its development process and shorten time to market....
Prefair, the largest outlet in North America, has invested in modern omni-channel ERP and PLM software to facilitate faster and more efficient operations....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts