USA: Dockers Men's Range Benefits From New Technologies
The proStyle range, which includes pants, shirts, socks, undergarments, shoes, belts, ties and outerwear, features a range of innovative technologies that promote both comfort and ease of care.
They include Stain Defender (which uses nanotechnology to make garment fibres hydrophobic, thus repelling water and water-based stains), Wrinkle Defiance, Cool Effects (an evaporation technology which spreads out moisture across the surface area of the garment), Colour Bond (which uses anti-fading dyes to form covalent bonds on the molecular level of the fabric) and Refresh Action (a bacteria eliminator).
"(The) Dockers brand has always been the innovation leader in wardrobe solutions that meet real needs at the time," the company's vice-president of brand marketing Maureen Griffin said.
"proStyle benefits simplify and gratify, which is exactly what today's consumers are looking for."
The range will reach stores in March 2004.
Companies: Levi Strauss & Co
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
Nitches has entered a licensing partnership with the Levi Strauss & Co brand Dockers for men's swimwear, graphic t-shirts and casual knit tops. ...
Casual clothing brand Dockers is soon to launch onto the Argentine market, Latin America News Digest reported....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
A quality label will soon be available to provide security for retailers and consumers as to whether or not a fabric meets new nanotechnology guidelines....
Footwear retailer Genesco Inc said first-quarter results "significantly exceeded plan", driven by better-than-expected performances at Journeys, Hat World, Underground Station and Johnston & Murphy....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
As Japan faces its worst attack of hay-fever inducing cedar pollen ever, two domestic companies have come up with textile solutions which they claim will help suffers beat the hay fever blues....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report