FRANCE: Dollfus Mieg & Cie To Lay Off 89 Workers
Textiles group Dollfus Mieg & Cie is planning to axe 89 jobs from its production plants in Mulhouse and Illzach in the Alsace region of eastern France.
French trade unions are said to be dissatisfied with the announcement, arguing that the social plan proposed by the company covers only the minimum requirements under French law.
Established in 1746, Dollfus Mieg & Cie makes apparel fabrics, trimmings and household textiles.
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores