TAIWAN: Domestic Sales Prices For Yarn Take A Hike
Taiwanese manufacturers of filament yarn decided to adjust their domestic sales prices for various specifications by NT$1 per kilogram in November.The price hikes are due to increases in procurement costs of PTA (purified terephthalic acid) and EG (ethylene glycol), materials to make filament yarn, and export orders received by fabric weavers, users of filament yarn. Hualon, a major local spinner of filament yarn, indicated that the price per kilogram of 230-denier filament yarn will be hiked from NT$28 to NT$29. While raising domestic sales prices, main local manufacturers of filament yarn will continue the ongoing joint cutback in production by 30-35 per cent.Meanwhile, local manufacturers of textured yarn plan to follow suit by hiking their domestic sales prices by NT$1-NT$2 per kilogram. At the same time, they will keep reducing production jointly by 20 per cent. Currently, the price per kilogram of textured yarn is NT$33 for the specification of 300 deniers, NT$38 for 150 denier, and NT$51 for 75 deniers. However, whether the price hikes of textured yarn can be accepted by local users will remain uncertain until the middle of November.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022