US: Don Carroll named as new Heelys CEO
Footwear-led youth leisure company Heelys has promoted Don Carroll, its senior vice president of marketing, to the posts of president and CEO.
Carroll, who takes over the roles with immediate effect, joined Heelys on 2 January this year in the newly created SVP of marketing role.
He succeeds interim CEO Ralph Parks, who has performed the role since 29 January. Parks will remain a member of Heelys' board of directors, the company said.
"Don is both a leader and team builder and Heelys will benefit immensely from his increased level of responsibilities," said Parks.
Prior to joining Heelys, Carroll was managing director of Vector2Group, a Dallas-based management consultancy firm.
He has 20 years' experience in the consumer products industry.
"Don is an exceptionally gifted and collaborative leader who possesses a unique combination of strategic thinking, branding and operational expertise," said Gary Martin, chairman of the board at Heelys.
"In his short tenure with Heelys, he has demonstrated leadership in the development and implementation of the company's long-term business plan."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
From stock market darling to Nasdaq basket case, the fall of Crocs Inc has been dramatic and swift. With US sales plummeting and international revenues coming in short of expectations, the footwear co...
Wheeled footwear maker Heelys Inc, which on Wednesday (5 November) said it is exploring strategic options for the business, has seen its third quarter profit slump after sales more than halved....
Wheeled footwear maker Heelys said it has retained financial advisor Houlihan Lokey to help the firm evaluate its strategic options....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective