US: Doneger Group promotes Allison Levy
Allison Levy has been promoted to merchandise manager of men's wear and children's wear at The Doneger Group, the trend analysis and merchandising firm based in New York.
Levy succeeds Cheryl Nowak, who has left the firm, and reports to Kathy Bradley-Riley, senior vice president of merchandising for men's wear, children's wear and women's sportswear.
Levy joined Doneger in September 2005 as men's wear market analyst with responsibility for outerwear, clothing, furnishings, accessories and swimwear. Earlier in her 20-year retail career, she held merchandising posts with Macy's Northeast, Macys.com and Van Dorn Retail Management.
"In the year and a half since Allison joined our company, she has proven to be a key asset to the men's wear team," said Abbey Doneger, president of the firm.
"She has natural leadership qualities and an understanding of how best to service our clients. Allison also has an ability to identify and evaluate market trends, enabling our clients to uncover the best opportunities for growth in this rapidly changing retail environment."
By Arnold J Karr.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective