USA: Donna Karan Announces Plans For Second NY City Store
Donna Karan International Inc (NYSE: DK) today announced plans to open a new full-price freestanding DKNY store in New York City. The new store, to be located in SoHo, would be the company's second in New York City. The approximately 8,000 square foot space is planned for a Spring 2001 opening.Donna Karan, chairman and chief designer, said: "DKNY has always been about the spirit and energy of New York. After seeing DKNY come to life on Madison Avenue I am excited to be taking a piece of that energy downtown with the opening of the SoHo store."John Idol, chief executive officer, said: "We are pleased to have a downtown New York DKNY store to complement our Madison Avenue flagship. We are particularly pleased with the performance of our flagship stores, and believe that our successful Madison Avenue format will translate effectively to the exciting Soho retail environment."The new store will carry everything DKNY, including women's and men's clothing and accessories, as well as licensed products. The store will offer a complete selection of lifestyle products, some of which will be designed exclusively for DKNY stores, to heighten the destination appeal.Donna Karan International Inc is one of the leading international fashion design houses. The company designs, contracts for the manufacture of, markets, retails, and distributes collections of men's and women's clothing, sportswear, accessories and shoes under the Donna Karan New York, DKNY, DKNY Jeans, and DKNY Active brand names. The company also selectively has granted licenses for the manufacture and distribution of certain other products under its brand names, including beauty and beauty-related products, jeanswear, activewear, hosiery, intimate apparel, eyewear and children's apparel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack