USA: Donna Karan Announces Plans For Second NY City Store
Donna Karan International Inc (NYSE: DK) today announced plans to open a new full-price freestanding DKNY store in New York City. The new store, to be located in SoHo, would be the company's second in New York City. The approximately 8,000 square foot space is planned for a Spring 2001 opening.Donna Karan, chairman and chief designer, said: "DKNY has always been about the spirit and energy of New York. After seeing DKNY come to life on Madison Avenue I am excited to be taking a piece of that energy downtown with the opening of the SoHo store."John Idol, chief executive officer, said: "We are pleased to have a downtown New York DKNY store to complement our Madison Avenue flagship. We are particularly pleased with the performance of our flagship stores, and believe that our successful Madison Avenue format will translate effectively to the exciting Soho retail environment."The new store will carry everything DKNY, including women's and men's clothing and accessories, as well as licensed products. The store will offer a complete selection of lifestyle products, some of which will be designed exclusively for DKNY stores, to heighten the destination appeal.Donna Karan International Inc is one of the leading international fashion design houses. The company designs, contracts for the manufacture of, markets, retails, and distributes collections of men's and women's clothing, sportswear, accessories and shoes under the Donna Karan New York, DKNY, DKNY Jeans, and DKNY Active brand names. The company also selectively has granted licenses for the manufacture and distribution of certain other products under its brand names, including beauty and beauty-related products, jeanswear, activewear, hosiery, intimate apparel, eyewear and children's apparel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report