USA: Donna Karan Still Considering LVMH Bid
Donna Karan International Inc, which announced that its fourth-quarter net income had more than doubled earlier this week, said it is still considering a $195m takeover offer by LVMH Moet-Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the French luxury-goods concern that recently bought Donna Karan's trademarks. Meanwhile, Donna Karan said in a news release that a special committee of its directors is still studying strategic options, including the $8.50-a-share tender offer from LVMH. Last December, LVMH made the offer in tandem with its agreement to buy Donna Karan's trademarks for $450m from designer Donna Karan and her husband, Stephan Weiss, who owned them through the closely held Gabrielle Studio. LVMH completed the purchase of the trademarks January 17.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022