USA: Donna Karan Still Considering LVMH Bid
Donna Karan International Inc, which announced that its fourth-quarter net income had more than doubled earlier this week, said it is still considering a $195m takeover offer by LVMH Moet-Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the French luxury-goods concern that recently bought Donna Karan's trademarks. Meanwhile, Donna Karan said in a news release that a special committee of its directors is still studying strategic options, including the $8.50-a-share tender offer from LVMH. Last December, LVMH made the offer in tandem with its agreement to buy Donna Karan's trademarks for $450m from designer Donna Karan and her husband, Stephan Weiss, who owned them through the closely held Gabrielle Studio. LVMH completed the purchase of the trademarks January 17.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022