USA: Donna Karan Still Considering LVMH Bid
Donna Karan International Inc, which announced that its fourth-quarter net income had more than doubled earlier this week, said it is still considering a $195m takeover offer by LVMH Moet-Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the French luxury-goods concern that recently bought Donna Karan's trademarks. Meanwhile, Donna Karan said in a news release that a special committee of its directors is still studying strategic options, including the $8.50-a-share tender offer from LVMH. Last December, LVMH made the offer in tandem with its agreement to buy Donna Karan's trademarks for $450m from designer Donna Karan and her husband, Stephan Weiss, who owned them through the closely held Gabrielle Studio. LVMH completed the purchase of the trademarks January 17.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020