USA: Donnkenny Enters Ladies Coat Business
Women's sportswear designer and manufacturer Donnkenny Inc on Wednesday revealed it has set up a coat division.
The New York-based firm, whose major labels include Pierre Cardin, Harve Benard and Victoria Jones, said the new division will be headed by Ron and Bill Gallo, whose family has been in the coat business for over 80 years.
Donnkenny chairman and CEO, Daniel Levy, said in a statement the firm has already concluded arrangements to produce coats under the Bill Blass, Bill Blass Signature and Blassport labels
"We are excited about this opportunity to diversify Donnkenny and add a quality license to our portfolio," he added. "The Gallo's have an established business, which we look forward to growing substantially."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar