USA: Donnkenny Posts Q1Profit Slump, Sales Soft
Women's sportswear designer and manufacturer Donnkenny Inc on Wednesday posted a sharp fall in first quarter net profit to $55,000 compared to $359,000 in the year-ago period amid soft sales in a weak retail environment. The New York-based firm, whose major labels include Pierre Cardin, Harve Benard and Victoria Jones, said sales for the quarter ended March 31 fell to $18.9m from $24.4m in the year prior.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth