USA: DOTS Chooses SVI's Retail Merchandise Management System
SVI (AMEX:SVI) announced today that its subsidiary, SVI Retail, has signed an agreement to provide DOTS, Inc, the women's bargain apparel company, with a new back office enterprise solution. SVI Retail's Merchandise Management System will give DOTS central control over their 236 chain of stores. It will manages the retailer's back office operations, including merchandising, warehouse management, ticketing, events, sales audit, and finance. Steve Hendricks, DOTS vice president of information services, said: "The purchase of SVI's Merchandise Management System completes our strategic technology transformation. As with any retailer, the merchandising system sits at the core of our operations - so this was a critical decision. DOTS selected SVI's solution for its key functionality and solid reputation within the industry.""Upon completion of the DOTS solution life cycle analysis, it was clear that the combination of our two companies' experienced people, proven products and overall retail strategy was a winning approach," said Carolyn Zainer, vice president of sales and marketing for SVI Retail.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Bangladesh apparel sector faces up to challenges
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Gap working to rebuild and gain market share
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US Q4 in brief – American Eagle Outfitters
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- Myanmar forms new minimum wage committee
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022