US: Double-digit sales boosts G-III Apparel Q4 earnings
- Q4 earnings up 62%
- Sales climb 26%
G-III Apparel Group reported a 62% increase in earnings for the fourth quarter, boosted by strong double-digit revenue growth.
In the three months to the end of January, GAAP net income reached US$13.1m from $8.1m a year earlier.
Sales were up 26% to a record level of $472.8m from $375.3m in the fourth quarter last year, driven by broad strength across all categories and tiers of distribution, as well as by the recently acquired GH Bass & Co. business.
CEO Morris Goldfarb said: "Fiscal 2014 was an excellent year. We continued to grow at a fast pace, executed our strategic plan for Vilebrequin, acquired G.H. Bass & Co. and produced both strong sales growth and increased profitability. We are pleased to have performed well throughout the year and finished up fiscal 2014 with record breaking results for sales and earnings."
For fiscal 2015, the company is forecasting sales of around $2.05bn and net income of between $85.2m and $88.5m, or between $3.95 and $4.10 per diluted share.
G-III Apparel Group has announced a public offering of 1.5m shares in the business, which could raise nearly US$112m after expenses....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
G-III Apparel Group will introduce GH Bass-branded men's, women's and children's footwear in Europe as part of a multi-year licensing agreement with Overland Ltd....
G-III Apparel Group has booked an increase in first-quarter profit and upped its sales and earnings guidance for the full year....
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies