GERMANY: Douglas Expects Strong Christmas Business
Douglas Holding AG (Hagen), the specialist retailer, has presented nine month earnings figures showing operating profits of DM 3m. This compares with losses of DM 1m in the corresponding period in 1999. However, according to an analyst at DG Bank AG of Frankfurt, these earnings figures are not especially significant as the Christmas period will be decisive. Douglas itself is optimistic about Christmas business this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth