FRANCE: DPAM plans Spanish children's wear stores
Children's apparel chain Du Pareil au Meme(DPAM) has announced plans to open 80 stores in Spain in the medium term in a move that will take on rival Inditex's Kiddy's Class.
The chain wants to open 20 to 30 stores annually, mostly through franchises, Spanish daily Cinco Dias reported, citing DPAM's General Manager Richard Vidal.
DPAM already operates seven stores in Spain and hopes to run 18 by the end of the year, Vidal reportedly said.
DPAM has 240 stores spread between Spain, Italy, France, Switzerland, Portugal and Japan.
In Spain, the company's main rival will be Kiddy's Class but it will also compete with Zara's children's clothing line and the El Corte Ingles department-store chain.
DPAM delivered sales of EUR132m (US$157.26m) last year, up 6% from 2004, according to Cinco Dias.
By Ivan Castano
Retail chain operator Inditex says that same-store sales for the second quarter ended 31 July are 'going well', AFX News reported....
Maria Castellano, deputy chairman of Spanish retail group Inditex SA, says the company plans to operate a total of 109 stores throughout Asia compared to the current 16 by 2009, the Expansion newspape...
Spanish fashion group Industria de Diseno Textil SA (Inditex) is planning to launch its Zara chain on to Norwegian market in 2006, according to the business's Scandinavian manager Jesper Carvalho Ande...
Spanish retailer Inditex has reported a 19 per cent hike in first-quarter net sales after the group increased its selling areas and its same-store sales....
Leading luxury department store chain Selfridges has banned all fur goods from its shops....
Fashion group Industria de Diseno Textil SA (Inditex) has named Pablo Isla as its new chief executive officer....
Spain's Hinojosa and Garcia Quiroz families, the founding entrepreneurs behind Spanish retail giant Cortefiel, have agreed to sell their 52 per cent stake to CVC European Equity Partners, the UK-based...
Spanish fashion giant Inditex has opened its first store in Costa Rica under the Zara name....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack