USA: Draper Fisher Jurvetson Gotham Announces Textrade.com Investment
Draper Fisher Jurvetson Gotham Ventures today announced its participation in the $10m Series A financing for Textrade.com (formerly Global Textile Network, Inc). Based in New York City, Textrade has created an Internet-based exchange which provides a trading, communications and information platform for the entire spectrum of products and services negotiated daily by the $500bn international textile community. As part of the investment, Ross Goldstein, a managing partner of Draper Fisher Jurvetson Gotham, has joined Textrade's board of directors."We are excited to be part of Textrade's successful efforts to bring the global textile industry online," said Mr. Goldstein. "We believe that the market segment that Textrade is focused on - fibers, yarns and unfinished textiles - is fragmented and conducive to a successful online business. With their years of experience in both the textile and Internet businesses, we believe that Textrade.com's management is the right team to address this $500 billion market opportunity.""We look forward to working with the Draper Fisher Jurvetson Gotham team," says Robert Cox Jr, Textrade.com's CEO. "Being a part of their global network will help facilitate many of the important relationships that will be crucial to our success."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022