USA: Draper Fisher Jurvetson Gotham Announces Textrade.com Investment
Draper Fisher Jurvetson Gotham Ventures today announced its participation in the $10m Series A financing for Textrade.com (formerly Global Textile Network, Inc). Based in New York City, Textrade has created an Internet-based exchange which provides a trading, communications and information platform for the entire spectrum of products and services negotiated daily by the $500bn international textile community. As part of the investment, Ross Goldstein, a managing partner of Draper Fisher Jurvetson Gotham, has joined Textrade's board of directors."We are excited to be part of Textrade's successful efforts to bring the global textile industry online," said Mr. Goldstein. "We believe that the market segment that Textrade is focused on - fibers, yarns and unfinished textiles - is fragmented and conducive to a successful online business. With their years of experience in both the textile and Internet businesses, we believe that Textrade.com's management is the right team to address this $500 billion market opportunity.""We look forward to working with the Draper Fisher Jurvetson Gotham team," says Robert Cox Jr, Textrade.com's CEO. "Being a part of their global network will help facilitate many of the important relationships that will be crucial to our success."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020