US: Dress Barn completes merger with Tween Brands
Under the stock-swap deal, thought to be worth around $157m, Tween Brands stockholders will receive 0.47 shares of Dress Barn for each share of Tween Brands.
As part of the transaction, Dress Barn is also paying off Tween Brands' outstanding bank debt.
Tween Brands - which targets 7 to 14-year-old girls through its Justice chain - will become a separate subsidiary of Dress Barn.
The combined company operates 2,492 locations with annual sales of around $2.5bn.
Michael Rayden, chief executive officer of Tween Brands, will continue to lead Justice, and will report directly to Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
Mr Rayden will also join the Dress Barn board of directors.
"I believe that our combined company will be formidable and have significant competitive advantages," Jaffe said.
Rayden added: "Our efforts can now be solely focused on our customers and we plan to utilise this exciting and powerful new platform to further our growth."
Tween Brands shares have been delisted from the NYSE and will cease trading at the close of business today (25 November).
International women's apparel firm The Danny and Nicole Group has set its sights on expanding into new categories after hiring Phillip Gaynor to the newly-created position of chief executive officer....
Women's wear retailer Dress Barn has increased its third quarter and full-year earnings guidance after posting a 77% surge in third quarter sales to US$666m....
A hike in second quarter net sales on the back of a recent acquisition has helped Dress Barn swing to a net profit for the period....
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies