US: Dress Barn more than doubles first quarter earnings
- Net earnings up to $48.0m from $21.7m
- Net sales jumped 77% to $713.3m
- Same-store sales increased 4%
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings.
"Our strong first quarter results were largely driven by the inclusion of the Justice business," explained David Jaffe, president and CEO.
"Our financial performance was led by better than expected results at both Maurices and Justice while our Dressbarn stores were somewhat below plan. We are focused on maximising our productivity in each concept through effective inventory management and assortment planning."
He continued: "As we look forward to the holiday and spring seasons, we are encouraged that our positioning will enable us to continue to capture increased sales. We believe that we have the right mix of fashion and value in each of our concepts to capture the attention of our core consumers."
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance ...
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Who has pledged to ban the use of angora?
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024