US: Dress Barn more than doubles first quarter earnings
- Net earnings up to $48.0m from $21.7m
- Net sales jumped 77% to $713.3m
- Same-store sales increased 4%
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings.
"Our strong first quarter results were largely driven by the inclusion of the Justice business," explained David Jaffe, president and CEO.
"Our financial performance was led by better than expected results at both Maurices and Justice while our Dressbarn stores were somewhat below plan. We are focused on maximising our productivity in each concept through effective inventory management and assortment planning."
He continued: "As we look forward to the holiday and spring seasons, we are encouraged that our positioning will enable us to continue to capture increased sales. We believe that we have the right mix of fashion and value in each of our concepts to capture the attention of our core consumers."
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance ...
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies