US: Dress Barn more than doubles first quarter earnings
- Net earnings up to $48.0m from $21.7m
- Net sales jumped 77% to $713.3m
- Same-store sales increased 4%
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings.
"Our strong first quarter results were largely driven by the inclusion of the Justice business," explained David Jaffe, president and CEO.
"Our financial performance was led by better than expected results at both Maurices and Justice while our Dressbarn stores were somewhat below plan. We are focused on maximising our productivity in each concept through effective inventory management and assortment planning."
He continued: "As we look forward to the holiday and spring seasons, we are encouraged that our positioning will enable us to continue to capture increased sales. We believe that we have the right mix of fashion and value in each of our concepts to capture the attention of our core consumers."
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance ...
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis