US: Dress Barn more than doubles first quarter earnings
- Net earnings up to $48.0m from $21.7m
- Net sales jumped 77% to $713.3m
- Same-store sales increased 4%
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings.
"Our strong first quarter results were largely driven by the inclusion of the Justice business," explained David Jaffe, president and CEO.
"Our financial performance was led by better than expected results at both Maurices and Justice while our Dressbarn stores were somewhat below plan. We are focused on maximising our productivity in each concept through effective inventory management and assortment planning."
He continued: "As we look forward to the holiday and spring seasons, we are encouraged that our positioning will enable us to continue to capture increased sales. We believe that we have the right mix of fashion and value in each of our concepts to capture the attention of our core consumers."
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance ...
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts