US: Dress Barn pleased with sales boosts
- Q4 net sales up 78%
- Same-store sales up 7%
- FY sales rise 59%
Career apparel chain Dress Barn has bolstered both Q4 and FY sales significantly and expects to report a profit for 2010.
David R Jaffe, president and CEO of Dress Barn, said: “We are very pleased to continue to generate across-the-board productivity improvements. Our ability to combine great value and fashion is clearly resonating with consumers. As a result of our strong assortments, each of our brands continues to extend its leadership position and contribute to the success of our company."
Based upon the results, Dress Barn reaffirmed estimated fiscal year 2010 earnings per share guidance in the range of $1.80 to $1.85.
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance....
Apparel retailer The Dress Barn, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, has completed the reorganisation of its holding company and will now be known as Ascena Retail Group....
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings...
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Apparel buyers miss out on commodity cost savings
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- China and India to exploit trade relationship
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions