US: Dress Barn pleased with sales boosts
- Q4 net sales up 78%
- Same-store sales up 7%
- FY sales rise 59%
Career apparel chain Dress Barn has bolstered both Q4 and FY sales significantly and expects to report a profit for 2010.
David R Jaffe, president and CEO of Dress Barn, said: “We are very pleased to continue to generate across-the-board productivity improvements. Our ability to combine great value and fashion is clearly resonating with consumers. As a result of our strong assortments, each of our brands continues to extend its leadership position and contribute to the success of our company."
Based upon the results, Dress Barn reaffirmed estimated fiscal year 2010 earnings per share guidance in the range of $1.80 to $1.85.
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance....
Apparel retailer The Dress Barn, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, has completed the reorganisation of its holding company and will now be known as Ascena Retail Group....
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings...
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot