US: Dress Barn pleased with sales boosts
- Q4 net sales up 78%
- Same-store sales up 7%
- FY sales rise 59%
Career apparel chain Dress Barn has bolstered both Q4 and FY sales significantly and expects to report a profit for 2010.
David R Jaffe, president and CEO of Dress Barn, said: “We are very pleased to continue to generate across-the-board productivity improvements. Our ability to combine great value and fashion is clearly resonating with consumers. As a result of our strong assortments, each of our brands continues to extend its leadership position and contribute to the success of our company."
Based upon the results, Dress Barn reaffirmed estimated fiscal year 2010 earnings per share guidance in the range of $1.80 to $1.85.
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance....
Apparel retailer The Dress Barn, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, has completed the reorganisation of its holding company and will now be known as Ascena Retail Group....
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings...
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined