USA: Dress Barn Q1 Income Falls 23%
The New York-based company, known for its career and casual fashions, blamed unseasonably warm weather in traditionally sweater-driven autumn for the sales decrease.
"As cooler weather finally arrived in October, sales improved," chairman Elliot Jaffe said.
"Inventory levels remain current and in line with recent sales trends."
Dress Barn currently operates 795 retail outlets throughout the United States under its Dress Barn, Dress Barn Woman and Combination Stores trade names.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack