US: DSW appoints Meixelsperger as finance chief
Branded footwear and accessories retailer DSW has appointed Mary Meixelsperger as its chief financial officer.
Meixelsperger replaces the retiring Douglas Probst. The role is effective from 21 April.
She joins DSW from Shopko Stores, a regional discount store chain, where she held the roles of CFO, controller and treasurer for the last nine years.
DSW Inc. Announces New Chief Financial Officer
COLUMBUS, Ohio, April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW), a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer, announced the appointment of Mary Meixelsperger as Chief Financial Officer effective May 1. Ms. Meixelsperger replaces Douglas Probst, who is retiring from DSW Inc. on the same day.
"We are pleased that Mary is joining the DSW team," said Michael MacDonald, DSW Inc. President and Chief Executive Officer. "Mary is a seasoned executive with a breadth of experiences in merger integration, strategic systems planning and implementation, financial analysis and tax planning. With her leadership, we will position DSW for continued growth and progress towards our strategic goals."
Ms. Meixelsperger joins DSW Inc. from Shopko Stores, a regional discount store chain, where she held the roles of Chief Financial Officer, Controller and Treasurer for the last nine years. Prior to Shopko, Ms. Meixelsperger was the Chief Financial Officer for two non-profit organizations between 1993-2004 and was the Chief Financial Officer for Worldmark Group, a private equity firm between 1986-1991. Ms. Meixelsperger started her career in public accounting at Arthur Young and Co. and she holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with distinction from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Ms. Meixelsperger will start at DSW Inc. on April 21, 2014 and will report directly to Mr. MacDonald.
About DSW Inc.
DSW Inc. is a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer dress, casual and athletic footwear and accessories for women, men and kids. As of April 17, 2014, DSW Inc. operates 408 DSW stores in 42 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, and operates an e-commerce site, http://www.dsw.com, and a mobile website, http://m.dsw.com. DSW Inc. also supplies footwear to 357 leased locations in the United States under the Affiliated Business Group. For store locations and additional information about DSW, visit http://www.dswinc.com.
Original source: DSW Inc
US retail group DSW has closed its initial acquisition of Canada's largest footwear and accessories retailer Town Shoes for CAD75.5m (US$68.7m)....
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges