US: DSW lifts FY outlook as Q2 profit falls 31%
- Q2 profit down 31% to $7.6m
- Sales fall 3.4% to $369.5m
- Lifts earnings guidance for the year
Second quarter profit at DSW Inc has plunged 31% on lower sales, but the branded footwear retailer still managed to lift its earnings guidance for the year.
The Columbus, Ohio based retailer said net income dropped to $7.6m or $0.17 per share, from $11.0m or $0.25 per share a year earlier.
Sales for the three months to 1 August fell 3.4% to $369.5m, down from $357.2m last time. Same store sales dropped 2.9%.
Looking ahead the company, which operates 307 stores, reiterated its estimate of a mid-single digit decrease in comparable store sales for the year.
But it lifted its earnings per share forecast to a range of $0.37 to $0.45, up from earlier forecasts of $0.30 to $0.35.
US retail giant Wal-Mart struck an upbeat note on the performance of its namesake US business today (18 February), despite posting a decline in sales during the fourth quarter....
US apparel company Jones Apparel Group continues to shutter stores in a bid to focus on core brands, but is not ruling out further acquisitions after the purchase of Robert Rodriguez Collection this m...
Woolworths Holdings booked a rise in first-half profits today (18 February) but sounded a cautious note on the South African and Australian markets....
A fourth quarter sales surge of more than 30% helped footwear company Skechers to post a net profit of US$27.9m, up from a $20.4m loss in the same period last year....
Women's wear retailer The Talbots is now anticipating stronger than expected fourth quarter operating results, thanks to positive sales trends....
US fashion retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has scraped to a full-year profit after sales fell and the company was hit by costs for the closure of its Ruehl chain....
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has seen first-half profit slip 91% as sales tumbled....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020