US: DSW narrows FY guidance amid flat sales
- Q4 comparable sales flat
- Narrows FY EPS guidance
- CFO announces retirement
Branded footwear and accessories retailer DSW has narrowed its full-year EPS guidance amid flat sales in the fourth quarter.
In the three months ended 1 February, comparable sales remained flat compared to a 3.6% increase in the year ago period. Excluding luxury sales of US$1m, total adjusted revenues dropped 3.9% to $571m.
The company narrowed its full-year adjusted EPS guidance to $1.85 to $1.87 per share from $1.80 to $1.90 per share previously.
"Given the weak retail environment, we were satisfied with our financial performance," said CEO Mike MacDonald. "The updated earnings guidance means that DSW will post its fifth consecutive year of double digit EPS growth."
DSW also announced the retirement of CFO Douglas Probst with effect from 1 May, after nine years of service. Having joined DSW in 2005, he guided the company through its transition to a public company and its merger with Retail Ventures in 2011.
Helen Betsy Wallace, DSW's senior vice president of finance will continue to serve as the company's principal accounting officer.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape