US: DSW narrows FY guidance amid flat sales
- Q4 comparable sales flat
- Narrows FY EPS guidance
- CFO announces retirement
Branded footwear and accessories retailer DSW has narrowed its full-year EPS guidance amid flat sales in the fourth quarter.
In the three months ended 1 February, comparable sales remained flat compared to a 3.6% increase in the year ago period. Excluding luxury sales of US$1m, total adjusted revenues dropped 3.9% to $571m.
The company narrowed its full-year adjusted EPS guidance to $1.85 to $1.87 per share from $1.80 to $1.90 per share previously.
"Given the weak retail environment, we were satisfied with our financial performance," said CEO Mike MacDonald. "The updated earnings guidance means that DSW will post its fifth consecutive year of double digit EPS growth."
DSW also announced the retirement of CFO Douglas Probst with effect from 1 May, after nine years of service. Having joined DSW in 2005, he guided the company through its transition to a public company and its merger with Retail Ventures in 2011.
Helen Betsy Wallace, DSW's senior vice president of finance will continue to serve as the company's principal accounting officer.
Synopsis Canadean's "DSW Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overvi...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead