US: DSW narrows FY guidance amid flat sales
- Q4 comparable sales flat
- Narrows FY EPS guidance
- CFO announces retirement
Branded footwear and accessories retailer DSW has narrowed its full-year EPS guidance amid flat sales in the fourth quarter.
In the three months ended 1 February, comparable sales remained flat compared to a 3.6% increase in the year ago period. Excluding luxury sales of US$1m, total adjusted revenues dropped 3.9% to $571m.
The company narrowed its full-year adjusted EPS guidance to $1.85 to $1.87 per share from $1.80 to $1.90 per share previously.
"Given the weak retail environment, we were satisfied with our financial performance," said CEO Mike MacDonald. "The updated earnings guidance means that DSW will post its fifth consecutive year of double digit EPS growth."
DSW also announced the retirement of CFO Douglas Probst with effect from 1 May, after nine years of service. Having joined DSW in 2005, he guided the company through its transition to a public company and its merger with Retail Ventures in 2011.
Helen Betsy Wallace, DSW's senior vice president of finance will continue to serve as the company's principal accounting officer.
Branded footwear and accessories retailer DSW has appointed Mary Meixelsperger as its chief financial officer....
DSW is expanding into Canada after acquiring a minority stake in the country's largest footwear and accessories retailer Town Shoes for CAD68m (US$61.8m)....
Despite a mixed bottom-line performance from DSW over the last 12 months, the branded footwear and accessories retailer has managed to report earnings growth in its final quarter....
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects