US: DSW narrows FY guidance amid flat sales
- Q4 comparable sales flat
- Narrows FY EPS guidance
- CFO announces retirement
Branded footwear and accessories retailer DSW has narrowed its full-year EPS guidance amid flat sales in the fourth quarter.
In the three months ended 1 February, comparable sales remained flat compared to a 3.6% increase in the year ago period. Excluding luxury sales of US$1m, total adjusted revenues dropped 3.9% to $571m.
The company narrowed its full-year adjusted EPS guidance to $1.85 to $1.87 per share from $1.80 to $1.90 per share previously.
"Given the weak retail environment, we were satisfied with our financial performance," said CEO Mike MacDonald. "The updated earnings guidance means that DSW will post its fifth consecutive year of double digit EPS growth."
DSW also announced the retirement of CFO Douglas Probst with effect from 1 May, after nine years of service. Having joined DSW in 2005, he guided the company through its transition to a public company and its merger with Retail Ventures in 2011.
Helen Betsy Wallace, DSW's senior vice president of finance will continue to serve as the company's principal accounting officer.
US retail group DSW has closed its initial acquisition of Canada's largest footwear and accessories retailer Town Shoes for CAD75.5m (US$68.7m)....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report