US: DSW narrows FY guidance amid flat sales
- Q4 comparable sales flat
- Narrows FY EPS guidance
- CFO announces retirement
Branded footwear and accessories retailer DSW has narrowed its full-year EPS guidance amid flat sales in the fourth quarter.
In the three months ended 1 February, comparable sales remained flat compared to a 3.6% increase in the year ago period. Excluding luxury sales of US$1m, total adjusted revenues dropped 3.9% to $571m.
The company narrowed its full-year adjusted EPS guidance to $1.85 to $1.87 per share from $1.80 to $1.90 per share previously.
"Given the weak retail environment, we were satisfied with our financial performance," said CEO Mike MacDonald. "The updated earnings guidance means that DSW will post its fifth consecutive year of double digit EPS growth."
DSW also announced the retirement of CFO Douglas Probst with effect from 1 May, after nine years of service. Having joined DSW in 2005, he guided the company through its transition to a public company and its merger with Retail Ventures in 2011.
Helen Betsy Wallace, DSW's senior vice president of finance will continue to serve as the company's principal accounting officer.
Synopsis Canadean's "DSW Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overvi...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019