US: DSW sees earnings growth in its fourth-quarter
- Q4 earnings climb 3.7%
- Total sales drop 3.7%
- Comparable sales flat
Despite a mixed bottom-line performance from DSW over the last 12 months, the branded footwear and accessories retailer has managed to report earnings growth in its final quarter.
Legacy charges from buying out its one-time majority shareholder Retail Ventures Inc. in 2011 hurt the company's 2013 figures. However, reported net income for its fourth quarter climbed 3.7% to US$28.1m from $27.1m a year earlier.
Reported sales, however, dropped 3.7% to $572m in the three months ended 1 February, while comparable sales were flat. Excluding an extra week of sales last year, sales were up 3.8%.
For the full year, the company said it expects revenue growth of 6% to 7%, with comparable sales growth in the low-single digit range. Full-year EPS is expected to range between $1.80 to $1.95.
Synopsis Canadean's "DSW Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overvi...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead