US: DSW sees earnings growth in its fourth-quarter
- Q4 earnings climb 3.7%
- Total sales drop 3.7%
- Comparable sales flat
Despite a mixed bottom-line performance from DSW over the last 12 months, the branded footwear and accessories retailer has managed to report earnings growth in its final quarter.
Legacy charges from buying out its one-time majority shareholder Retail Ventures Inc. in 2011 hurt the company's 2013 figures. However, reported net income for its fourth quarter climbed 3.7% to US$28.1m from $27.1m a year earlier.
Reported sales, however, dropped 3.7% to $572m in the three months ended 1 February, while comparable sales were flat. Excluding an extra week of sales last year, sales were up 3.8%.
For the full year, the company said it expects revenue growth of 6% to 7%, with comparable sales growth in the low-single digit range. Full-year EPS is expected to range between $1.80 to $1.95.
Synopsis Canadean's "DSW Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overvi...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019