US: DSW sees earnings growth in its fourth-quarter
- Q4 earnings climb 3.7%
- Total sales drop 3.7%
- Comparable sales flat
Despite a mixed bottom-line performance from DSW over the last 12 months, the branded footwear and accessories retailer has managed to report earnings growth in its final quarter.
Legacy charges from buying out its one-time majority shareholder Retail Ventures Inc. in 2011 hurt the company's 2013 figures. However, reported net income for its fourth quarter climbed 3.7% to US$28.1m from $27.1m a year earlier.
Reported sales, however, dropped 3.7% to $572m in the three months ended 1 February, while comparable sales were flat. Excluding an extra week of sales last year, sales were up 3.8%.
For the full year, the company said it expects revenue growth of 6% to 7%, with comparable sales growth in the low-single digit range. Full-year EPS is expected to range between $1.80 to $1.95.
Synopsis Canadean's "DSW Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overvi...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- Gap brand sales continue to fall short
- Apparel industry Q1 results in brief
- Chico's chief executive Dyer to retire