US: DSW sees Q3 profits climb 15%
- Net income rose 33.5% to $35.5m
- Net sales up 10% to $489.3m
- Same-store sales increased 10.1%
US footwear retailer DSW Inc grew its sales and profit during the third quarter, and edged up its full-year same-store sales guidance.
Net income rose 33.5% to $35.5m, up from $26.6m a year earlier. Net sales, meanwhile, were up 10% to $489.3m, compared with $444.6m last time.
Same-store sales increased 10.1% for the comparable period versus an increase of 8.7% last year.
As a result of better-than-expected sales in the first three weeks of its fourth quarter, DSW now expects full year same-store sales will rise by around 12%, up from a previous estimate of 11%.
Click here to view the company's third quarter earnings report.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US footwear retailer DSW has announced the appointment of Roger Rawlins to SVP and GM of DSW.com, and Jennie Wilson as SVP of finance and controller. ...
Discount shoe retailer DSW Inc has raised its earnings outlook for the year ahead after booking a 38% jump in fourth quarter profit on higher sales....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report