US: DSW sponsors Miss America
DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse has entered into a new long-term partnership with The Miss America Organisation, owner of the rights to the annual beauty pageant.
DSW will be the lead sponsor for the broadcast of the 2011 Miss America Pageant in January next year, as well as being official provider of shoes for the event and a national sponsor for The Miss America Organisation.
The two companies are also working together to create a brand of footwear for release in January 2011 – the first of its kind for the beauty pageant.
“We are truly excited to have DSW in the spotlight with us as we celebrate our 90th anniversary in January,” said Sam Haskell III, chairman of the board of The Miss America Organisation.
Following the competition, the 53 contestants will help support social causes throughout the year in association with DSW.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Discount shoe retailer DSW Inc is buying its largest shareholder, Retail Ventures Inc, in a tax-free stock swop - and has revised its full-year earnings forecast to take costs of the transaction into ...
Branded footwear retailer DSW has announced the appointment of Christopher Lanning as senior vice president and general manager of the leased business division. ...
US footwear retailer DSW Inc grew its sales and profit during the third quarter, and edged up its full-year same-store sales guidance....
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022