USA: Duck Head/Delta Boardroom Battle Heats Up
It promises to be a stormy AGM on November 8 at Duck Head Apparel, the recent spin-off from Delta Woodside. The company is in the middle of a boardroom spat, with management and one of its largest shareholders battling for supremacy.In a rebuttal of yesterday's news that Delta executives were being backed up by proxy advisory firm, Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS), Bettis C Rainsford announced today that Proxy Monitor, another advisory company, has recommended that investors support the Rainsford director nominees and the shareholder proposal contained in the Rainsford proxy statement for the Duck Head Apparel annual meeting.Mr Rainsford is leading a solicitation effort in opposition to the current board. He was a co-founder and the long-time CFO of Delta Woodside Industries, the company from which Duck Head was spun off earlier this year.Proxy Monitor has recommended a vote for the election of the Rainsford director nominees and for the approval of the Rainsford shareholder proposal to direct the Duck Head board to cause Duck Head to take all actions necessary to cancel the right previously granted to Robert Rockey, the compny's chairman, to purchase one million shares of company stock at a price that is currently below market value. Proxy Monitor recommended that investors execute their votes on the Rainsford blue proxy card."We are pleased that Proxy Monitor, a reputable and independent proxy advisor, supports our nominees and shareholder proposal," said Mr Rainsford.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020