FRANCE: Dumas takes sole command of Hermes International
Having held the post of co-CEO alongside Patrick Thomas since June last year, Axel Dumas has taken sole command of luxury brand Hermes International.
Thomas retired from his post at the end of last month, having been at the helm since 2006. He remains the sole non-founding family member to head Hermes, which was founded in 1837.
Dumas represents the sixth generation of the Hermes family. He is the nephew of Jean-Louis Dumas, Hermes CEO from 1978 to 2006.
He joined the brand in 2003 as an auditor and went on to take responsibility for Hermes' jewellery and leather goods divisions. Prior to becoming co-CEO, Dumas was managing director of operations.
In his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2015, David Birnbaum homes in on the problems facing those brands who have set their sights on developing markets in China and Russia; and a ...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019