FRANCE: Dumas takes sole command of Hermes International
Having held the post of co-CEO alongside Patrick Thomas since June last year, Axel Dumas has taken sole command of luxury brand Hermes International.
Thomas retired from his post at the end of last month, having been at the helm since 2006. He remains the sole non-founding family member to head Hermes, which was founded in 1837.
Dumas represents the sixth generation of the Hermes family. He is the nephew of Jean-Louis Dumas, Hermes CEO from 1978 to 2006.
He joined the brand in 2003 as an auditor and went on to take responsibility for Hermes' jewellery and leather goods divisions. Prior to becoming co-CEO, Dumas was managing director of operations.
In his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2015, David Birnbaum homes in on the problems facing those brands who have set their sights on developing markets in China and Russia; and a ...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- US Q1 in brief: Skechers, Steve Madden
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Bangladesh remediation delays "unacceptable"