FRANCE: Dumas takes sole command of Hermes International
Having held the post of co-CEO alongside Patrick Thomas since June last year, Axel Dumas has taken sole command of luxury brand Hermes International.
Thomas retired from his post at the end of last month, having been at the helm since 2006. He remains the sole non-founding family member to head Hermes, which was founded in 1837.
Dumas represents the sixth generation of the Hermes family. He is the nephew of Jean-Louis Dumas, Hermes CEO from 1978 to 2006.
He joined the brand in 2003 as an auditor and went on to take responsibility for Hermes' jewellery and leather goods divisions. Prior to becoming co-CEO, Dumas was managing director of operations.
In his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2015, David Birnbaum homes in on the problems facing those brands who have set their sights on developing markets in China and Russia; and a ...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015