INDIA: Dunbar Mills Takeover Hits Technical Snag
The reopening of Dunbar Mills Ltd in the Parganas district has run into difficulties over a legal technicality surrounding the proposed buyer's lack of involvement in the company. According to Mr Justice Aloke Chakraborty of the Calcutta High Court, the court would have difficulty allowing Dr DP Sarkhel's Capricorns (Enterprise) Pvt Ltd to takeover the running of the unit, which has been closed for 14 years, because it is neither a creditor nor a shareholder in Dunbar Mills.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands