UK: DuPont Polyester Plant Closure Hits 150 Jobs
The news was broken to employees at a special meeting yesterday and followed rumours that the firm, which supplies the clothing and automotive markets, was in serious financial trouble.
The workforce was told production would cease immediately and the factory will shut as soon as possible.
DuPont SA, which also has manufacturing plants in Teesside and South Wales, employs 4,000 people at 16 sites with manufacturing in the UK, Turkey, Germany and the Netherlands, and sales offices in France, Italy and Spain.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020