USA: DuPont To Shed Over 5,000 Jobs Globally
DuPont has today announced that it is to shed 5,300 jobs around the world in response to the weakening business conditions within the US apparel market. In a statement, the company revealed that it was to reduce the company's workforce by around 4,000 jobs or four per cent. It also claimed that it was to reduce the number of contract personnel by another 1,300 and shut down some of the less competitive manufacturing assets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands