SOUTH KOREA: E-Land eyes sales of $9.32bn in China by 2016
South Korean apparel conglomerate E-Land Group has set its sights on annual sales of KRW10tn (US$9.32bn) in China by 2016, according to local press reports.
Vice president Park Sung-Kyung told a press conference the group will achieve its target through strategic partnerships or mergers and acquisitions with US and European companies, the Maeil Business Newspaper reported.
E-Land will also employ 100,000 local staff by 2016 under its new 10-10-20 vision, Sung-Kyung said in Shanghai, China on Tuesday (11 December).
E-Land also intends to launch five specialty stores selling private label apparel brands in China and Japan to compete with the likes of Uniqlo, Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) and Zara, the report added. The first brands, Spao and Misso, are expected to launch in China next year.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
The Rana Plaza factory disaster should be a wake-up call for everyone involved in the apparel industry - and the catalyst for real, systematic change in Bangladesh - the US Senate was told during a sp...
Specialty women's apparel retailer Christopher & Banks has swung to a first-quarter profit thanks to higher sales and lower asset impairment charges....
Chief technology officer Kristen Blum has been named as the latest executive to leave struggling department store retailer JC Penney....
Spending on luxury apparel around the world is recovering, but will continue to lag behind leather goods and other accessories in growth terms, according to a new report....
Retail giant Tesco suffered mixed fortunes in its first quarter, with like-for-like sales in the UK falling despite a strong performance from clothing....
An upsurge in UK-based apparel manufacturing during May was partly caused by the knock-on effects of clothing factory disasters in Bangladesh, it has been reported....
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020