SOUTH KOREA: E-Land eyes sales of $9.32bn in China by 2016
South Korean apparel conglomerate E-Land Group has set its sights on annual sales of KRW10tn (US$9.32bn) in China by 2016, according to local press reports.
Vice president Park Sung-Kyung told a press conference the group will achieve its target through strategic partnerships or mergers and acquisitions with US and European companies, the Maeil Business Newspaper reported.
E-Land will also employ 100,000 local staff by 2016 under its new 10-10-20 vision, Sung-Kyung said in Shanghai, China on Tuesday (11 December).
E-Land also intends to launch five specialty stores selling private label apparel brands in China and Japan to compete with the likes of Uniqlo, Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) and Zara, the report added. The first brands, Spao and Misso, are expected to launch in China next year.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
The Rana Plaza factory disaster should be a wake-up call for everyone involved in the apparel industry - and the catalyst for real, systematic change in Bangladesh - the US Senate was told during a sp...
Specialty women's apparel retailer Christopher & Banks has swung to a first-quarter profit thanks to higher sales and lower asset impairment charges....
Chief technology officer Kristen Blum has been named as the latest executive to leave struggling department store retailer JC Penney....
Spending on luxury apparel around the world is recovering, but will continue to lag behind leather goods and other accessories in growth terms, according to a new report....
Retail giant Tesco suffered mixed fortunes in its first quarter, with like-for-like sales in the UK falling despite a strong performance from clothing....
An upsurge in UK-based apparel manufacturing during May was partly caused by the knock-on effects of clothing factory disasters in Bangladesh, it has been reported....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey