AUSTRALIA: E-tailer Is Latest Contender In Harris Scarfe Bid
Toorak Holdings, the company behind Perth-based e-tailer Starmall, is this week meeting with the receivers handling the sale of department store chain Harris Scarfe. Clif Edwards, the sole director and shareholder of Toorak Holdings, told the West Australian that Starmall had been talking with Harris Scarfe about its purchase of online retailer 'dstore' when the company was put into receivership on 6 April with debts of A$160m. "We had been speaking to them about a business plan model to integrate dstore into Harris Scarfe, and then when they fell over we looked at making a bid for the dstore," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack