USA: Earth Brand "Relaunches" 70s-Style Footwear Line
Earth Brand announced plans to unveil a new line of men's and women's footwear at the World Shoe Association trade show in Las Vegas this February. The fall collection, offered in fashion right colours and progressive styling, includes oxfords, slip-ons, clogs and boots. All styles feature Earth brand's proprietary negative heel technology. Consumers first popularised Earth Brand 30 years ago.
"Consumers all over the country have contacted us requesting a reintroduction of the Earth product line," said Charlie Liberge, executive vice president for Earth Brand. "We attribute this to the negative heel technology - the wearer physically feels different with Earth Brand."
Earth Brand Footwear offers comfort and fit characteristics through negative heel technology, an innovative system of removable insoles, all-leather construction including the uppers and linings, and a durable, flexible outsole. Negative heel technology was developed and refined by Anne Kalso, a yoga instructor from Denmark. Kalso's design brings the foot as close to walking naturally barefoot as possible, first creating an interest in the 1970s.
After launching at the Las Vegas shoe show in February 2001, Earth Brand footwear will be available in better specialty and footwear stores throughout North America.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective