US: eBay taps Miriam Lahage to run fashion marketplace
Online marketplace eBay has hired retail apparel veteran and e-commerce entrepreneur Miriam Lahage to the newly created role of general manager, eBay Fashion.
Lahage, who most recently worked as a consultant to help grow theOutnet business, the offshoot of the successful Net-A-Porter designer fashion site, will be responsible for growing and driving innovation across eBay's multibillion-dollar fashion category.
Lahage is also the founder of Koodos.com, the first online discount boutique for designer brands in the UK, which was sold in late 2009 to E-Trader Group. And she spent more than 20 years with TJX Companies, the off-price global retailer of apparel and home fashions.
"Miriam's deep retail experience and entrepreneurial vision for fashion e-commerce will be a great asset to eBay as we drive shopping innovation and extend our leadership in this category," said eBay Inc president and CEO John Donahoe.
"We are committed to delivering fashion consumers the broadest selection of clothing, shoes and accessories online at incredible value. We're equally committed to providing brands, designers and small-business fashion entrepreneurs a cost-effective, highly competitive distribution channel and compelling shopping environment to drive growth."
eBay boasts more than $5bn of merchandise volume annually, and features around 20m fashion listings every day. A pair of shoes is sold every 8 seconds; a dress every 10 seconds. eBay has 10m active fashion shoppers in the US.
"eBay is incredibly well-positioned to drive shopping innovation and create growth opportunities for fashion brands," Lahage said. "No other destination can offer fashion savvy shoppers such choice and value."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2011 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' November 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Cut-price retail group The TJX Companies has shuffled its senior management team as part of its ongoing programme of leadership succession planning. ...
Online retailer and auction house eBay is moving Miriam Lahage, the head of its North American fashion business, over to Europe where she will run its growing UK fashion operation....
Lean inventories, better margins and higher sales have helped The TJX Companies Inc to a "very pleasing" third quarter, with a 7% rise in earnings exceeding the off-price apparel retailer's expectatio...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead