CHINA: eBay to boost fashion sales with retail tie-up
US-based online retailer and auction house eBay is courting fashion-conscious consumers in China after teaming up with Chinese luxury online retailer Xiu.com to launch a new eBay Style website.
The site, which was launched yesterday (12 November), will feature up to 5,000 apparel, shoe, accessories, health and beauty brands currently being sold on eBay.com
The Chinese retailer will be responsible for handling all sales and logistics, including curating and translating the inventory from eBay with a product search and browsing experience suited to Chinese consumers. Xiu.com will also provide local returns and Chinese language customer service.
"Our mission is to bring the best of the world to China, so eBay, with its global access, is an ideal partner for us," said George Ji, CEO of Xiu.com.
"Through our curation efforts, we also hope to introduce a new, more inspiring buying experience to Chinese consumers."
eBay has seen a 40% year-on-year increase in the amount of goods bought by Chinese consumers navigating eBay.com in English.
"We believe that in the future Chinese consumers will use eBay as a passport to global fashion styles, especially for leading women's brands and accessories, and menswear, because our broad selection of new, branded, and designer merchandise will be unmatched in China," added vice president Melanie Tan.
"Our long term vision is to connect Chinese consumers to global products and brands that they want and love in a seamless and safe way.
"By partnering with Xiu.com we are able to surface our best inventory to Chinese consumers, while providing a simple and easy shopping experience."
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)