BELGIUM: EC pushes to extend Ukraine export deal
The European Commission has declared it wants to guarantee Ukraine clothing exporters an unfettered right to sell into the European Union (EU), by asking EU ministers to prolong an existing liberal textile-and-clothing trade agreement.
This would remain in force until Ukraine joins the World Trade Organisation (probably in 2007), making these trade concessions permanent and protected under international law.
By Keith Nuthall.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Hong Kong and China have been branded as the world's most serious hotspots for counterfeit clothing and accessories in a global European Commission survey of countries where product fakes are manufact...
A boom in counterfeit clothing accessories being smuggled into the European Union (EU) has overshadowed a fall in the trade in fake sportswear, according to the latest figures from the European Commis...
The EU textile and clothing sector needs a bigger slice of European funding if it is to improve it global competitiveness, delegates were told last week at a conference in Brussels....
The European Commission on Wednesday (16 May) cleared the EUR1.6bn (US$2.12bn) acquisition of French clothing retailer Camaieu SA by UK private equity firm Cinven Limited....
The European Commission has re-launched a bid to split the amount of European Union (EU) subsidies paid to EU cotton producers from the volume of cotton sent to market....
Luxury goods firm PPR could take a step closer to buying sportswear group Puma next month if the European Commission clears its EUR5.3bn (US$7.17bn) acquisition....
The European Parliament is preparing for a vote in late May on banning all products containing cat or dog fur throughout the 27 member countries of the European Union (EU), scrapping a large loophole ...
UK footwear retailer Stylo has reported a full-year loss of GBP7.0m (US$13.93m), compared to a loss of GBP2.4m last year, with unseasonal weather taking a large slice of the blame....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022