DENMARK: Ecco books record full-year results
- FY pre-tax profit grows 8% EUR165.4m
- Net revenue up 4.4% to EUR1.13m
- Expects to increase profit and revenues this year
Danish footwear giant Ecco has recorded its "best ever results" in 2013, with an 8% increase in full-year profit, bolstered by strong sales in China and Russia.
Pre-tax profit reached EUR165.4m (US$230.6m), up 8% on the year before, while net revenue increased 4.4% to EUR1.13m year-on-year.
Sales of Ecco produced leathers to manufacturers of other premium and luxury brands jumped 58% to EUR82m. Sales of leather goods and shoe accessories continued their positive trend, growing by 12.6% to EUR38m.
"It's a very pleasing performance," said CEO Dieter Kasprzak. "We have been successful in reorganising our production footprint, whilst growing our business and profits."
While CFO Steen Borgholm added: "Controlled growth has been the key to Ecco's success in 2013 and we will continue this strategy in 2014. We expect 2014 to show increased revenue and profitability."
Ecco owns and manages every step in the shoe making process and sells its products in almost 15,000 branded sales locations worldwide.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Plimsoll’s Footwear Manufacturers (European) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Footwear Manufacturers (European) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses...
Canadean's "Stella International Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019