DENMARK: Ecco books record full-year results
- FY pre-tax profit grows 8% EUR165.4m
- Net revenue up 4.4% to EUR1.13m
- Expects to increase profit and revenues this year
Danish footwear giant Ecco has recorded its "best ever results" in 2013, with an 8% increase in full-year profit, bolstered by strong sales in China and Russia.
Pre-tax profit reached EUR165.4m (US$230.6m), up 8% on the year before, while net revenue increased 4.4% to EUR1.13m year-on-year.
Sales of Ecco produced leathers to manufacturers of other premium and luxury brands jumped 58% to EUR82m. Sales of leather goods and shoe accessories continued their positive trend, growing by 12.6% to EUR38m.
"It's a very pleasing performance," said CEO Dieter Kasprzak. "We have been successful in reorganising our production footprint, whilst growing our business and profits."
While CFO Steen Borgholm added: "Controlled growth has been the key to Ecco's success in 2013 and we will continue this strategy in 2014. We expect 2014 to show increased revenue and profitability."
Ecco owns and manages every step in the shoe making process and sells its products in almost 15,000 branded sales locations worldwide.
Plimsoll’s Footwear Manufacturers (European) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Footwear Manufacturers (European) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses...
Canadean's "Stella International Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Colombia faces challenges in fashion export drive
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation