DENMARK: Ecco Hires And Fires Workers
Danish-based shoe manufacturer Ecco is to recruit an extra 50 people this year to strengthen its sales and marketing, computing and human resources functions. The appointments are driven by the need to combat tougher competition and the global economic situation. The company also says that it plans to trim its global business too. Its Danish staff will be cut by 91 in January 2002, and Danish production refocused on new products and special projects.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores