AUSTRALIA: Eclipse buys Just One Place in PLM move
ERP vendor Eclipse Computing has acquired Just One Place (J1P) in a deal that expands its business with new Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and workflow solutions.
The agreement covers all of the intellectual property as well as world-wide reseller and distribution rights for J1P’s software tools.
And it will form the basis of a new PLM Solutions practice within Eclipse that will provide support for existing clients and market the solutions around the world.
“Eclipse has the necessary support and implementation practices, as well as marketing and sales infrastructure to service customers and prospects here in Australia, New Zealand and internationally,” said Winston Teperson, product manager, PLM Solutions.
The deal also provides Eclipse with an opportunity to “deepen our expertise and skills within the retail, distribution and manufacturing industries,” added CEO Bradley Stroop.
Built on the Microsoft .NET platform, the software design can be closely integrated into the Microsoft Dynamics suite, giving businesses a complete end-to-end solution, from design to delivery.
“Eclipse and Microsoft have identified PLM as a key market growth opportunity, where real efficiencies can be achieved utilising smart solutions to improve collaboration in the supply chain and across business operations,” Mr Stroop said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
"PLM works," is the overwhelming message from what is thought to be the first industry-wide survey of retailers, brands and manufacturers around the world who use product lifecycle management tools....
Children's wear maker Fishman & Tobin is upgrading and expanding its webPDM software to the latest YuniquePLM platform to help manage its expanding global operations....
Software supplier Visual 2000 has named apparel consultant and business analyst Joseph Eiger as its new business development manager responsible for selling the firm's end-2-end solutions in Canada....
An out-of-the-box version of its YuniquePLM solution should help companies to get up-and-running on the product lifecycle management software in as little as three weeks, Gerber Technology claims....
Gerber Technology has introduced a new Business Intelligence (BI) platform designed to help users of its YuniquePLM tool reduce time and costs through more informed decision making....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar