SWITZERLAND: Eco-friendly approval for water repellent finish
Swiss firm Schoeller Textil says Greenpeace has recommended its Ecorepel water and dirt repelling textile finish as an alternative for brands trying to phase out harmful flurocarbons and PFCs.
Schoeller Textil says Ecorepel is environmentally friendly, biodegradable, abrasion proof and wash resistant. The finish replicates the oily secretion that makes ducks' feathers repel water, and is based on long paraffin chains that wrap themselves spiral-like around individual fibres, filaments or yarns in a very fine film.
This reduces surface tension, so that water droplets and mud simply run off, without affecting the breathability of the fabric, with the fabric feel remaining soft, the company Textil claims.
Companies: Schoeller Technologies AG
A new range of high performance workwear fabrics has been launched as part of a joint project between Klopman International and Schoeller Works, a division of Schoeller Textil....
The latest technology from Schoeller is Pyroshell, a permanent flame protection for synthetic fabrics....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape