USA: Ecom Textile Appoints New Sales and Marketing VP
Ecom Textile, a global Internet marketplace, announced today that Michael Shipps has been selected as vice president of sales and marketing as it continues to strengthen its management team. He reports directly to John Adams, Ecom Textile's chief executive officer, in the newly created position.Shipps joins Ecom Textile from Escrow.com, where he served as vice president of sales. During his tenure, Escrow.com became one of the market leaders in online escrow and financial services offerings.Before that, Shipps served as regional sales manager, regional data consultant and senior technical consultant for MCI Telecommunications in both Seattle and Atlanta. Ecom Textile has established an Internet exchange that serves as an electronic purchasing hub for the global textile and apparel industry. Officially launched on August 28, 2000, www.ecomtextile.com is one of the first Internet marketplaces for the global TAMS (textile, apparel, machinery and sewn products) industries. The exchange allows buyers and sellers of textile-related activities to transact business electronically. The company plans to add services and functionality incrementally as they are developed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022