USA: Ecom Textile Appoints New Sales and Marketing VP
Ecom Textile, a global Internet marketplace, announced today that Michael Shipps has been selected as vice president of sales and marketing as it continues to strengthen its management team. He reports directly to John Adams, Ecom Textile's chief executive officer, in the newly created position.Shipps joins Ecom Textile from Escrow.com, where he served as vice president of sales. During his tenure, Escrow.com became one of the market leaders in online escrow and financial services offerings.Before that, Shipps served as regional sales manager, regional data consultant and senior technical consultant for MCI Telecommunications in both Seattle and Atlanta. Ecom Textile has established an Internet exchange that serves as an electronic purchasing hub for the global textile and apparel industry. Officially launched on August 28, 2000, www.ecomtextile.com is one of the first Internet marketplaces for the global TAMS (textile, apparel, machinery and sewn products) industries. The exchange allows buyers and sellers of textile-related activities to transact business electronically. The company plans to add services and functionality incrementally as they are developed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective