USA: Ecom Textile Appoints New Sales and Marketing VP
Shipps joins Ecom Textile from Escrow.com, where he served as vice president of sales. During his tenure, Escrow.com became one of the market leaders in online escrow and financial services offerings.
Before that, Shipps served as regional sales manager, regional data consultant and senior technical consultant for MCI Telecommunications in both Seattle and Atlanta.
Ecom Textile has established an Internet exchange that serves as an electronic purchasing hub for the global textile and apparel industry. Officially launched on August 28, 2000, www.ecomtextile.com is one of the first Internet marketplaces for the global TAMS (textile, apparel, machinery and sewn products) industries. The exchange allows buyers and sellers of textile-related activities to transact business electronically. The company plans to add services and functionality incrementally as they are developed.
EcomTextile.com is a business-to-business site focused on bringing buyers and sellers together in the textile and apparel industry with a user-friendly web-based sourcing tool. Bringing extensive industry experience and technology expertise, EcomTextile.com is the first company to offer a comprehensive marketplace for trade among manufacturers and suppliers in the textile and apparel industry.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report