USA: Ecom Textile Appoints New Sales and Marketing VP
Ecom Textile, a global Internet marketplace, announced today that Michael Shipps has been selected as vice president of sales and marketing as it continues to strengthen its management team. He reports directly to John Adams, Ecom Textile's chief executive officer, in the newly created position.Shipps joins Ecom Textile from Escrow.com, where he served as vice president of sales. During his tenure, Escrow.com became one of the market leaders in online escrow and financial services offerings.Before that, Shipps served as regional sales manager, regional data consultant and senior technical consultant for MCI Telecommunications in both Seattle and Atlanta. Ecom Textile has established an Internet exchange that serves as an electronic purchasing hub for the global textile and apparel industry. Officially launched on August 28, 2000, www.ecomtextile.com is one of the first Internet marketplaces for the global TAMS (textile, apparel, machinery and sewn products) industries. The exchange allows buyers and sellers of textile-related activities to transact business electronically. The company plans to add services and functionality incrementally as they are developed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020