UK: Economic Pressures Force Roman Keflay Into Liquidation
Roman Keflay, the women's fashion label that was a favorite with Prime Minister's wife Cherie Blair, has been placed into liquidation.The company, which was set up in 1996, sold evening and daywear wholesale and through its own retail outlet."It is a reflection on the pressures faced by the British fashion industry today," said Alan Clifton, Insolvency Practitioner at chartered accountants Wilkins Kennedy. "The lack of structure in the industry is creating a polarization effect. Designers are starting up but once businesses start to mature, they are unable to keep pace with cash-flow requirements to participate in industry events like British Fashion Week that keep them in the spotlight."Roman Keflay came into the public eye when Cherie Blair wore a chocolate brown silk evening dress by the label to The Lord Mayor's banquet in November 1998. Having noted the designer at British Fashion Week, Mrs Blair ordered the dress on the spot.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar